Making use of our colocation facilities makes a lot of sense – from security to reliable power for critical hardware resources.
Regarding security, a colocation facility will have the latest technology and protection procedures to safeguard your data against everything from fires to power surges. Round-the-clock security ensures that sensitive corporate information is kept safe from prying eyes. The reality is that accidents do happen, but you want to have enough safety nets in place to prevent them as best as you can.
Do you want to expand your infrastructure to handle a new project? And reduce it again once the project is complete? Do you want to do so without spending stacks of money on more technology and a bigger space.?
With a colocation facility, customised rack spaces mean that you can buy the necessary racks when you need them and scale up or down depending on your changing requirements.
When it comes to power, organisations must have a plan in place so that an unreliable power supply does not impact operations. Colocation facilities have uninterrupted power backup and are built with state-of-the-art equipment to keep things running even when the lights go out. It’s their job to reduce the risk of downtime. Selecting a colocation provider is a big decision for any business. After all, you’ll be putting your mission-critical information in their care.
So now that you know what a good colocation facility can offer your organisation, and how important selecting the right partner is, why should you pick an IS data centre over other facilities?
Here are our top reasons:
- Our world-class data centres offer customers content-rich, high-density network facilities.
- Our facilities are located across Africa and abroad.
- More specifically, we have two data centres in Lagos, nine more across Africa and two centres in London.
- To put that in context, we manage more than 11 500m² of colocation space, running 14MW of power.
- Our facilities have fibre connectivity to the rack and are 10GB-enabled to the core.
- You can choose from standard racks and half and quarter racks.
- You can also opt for a customised vault solution which ramps up to your individual power density requirements.
- All environments are fully access-controlled and our CRM system vets customers and provides escorted access to your environment.
Want to learn more about how our data centre offerings can help you meet your business objectives? Download our checklist for selecting an effective data centre.
Read more blogs below